- Scrum is a lightweight framework to manage product development. You can read more about it in detail by going to the Scrum Guide
- CSM stands for "Certified Scrum Master" and PSM stands for "Professional Scrum Master".
- Both certifications aim to give credibility to the holder that they understand Scrum, its values, practices and rules.
- Both certifications are based on understanding of the one Scrum Guide shared by both and found at ScrumGuides.org.
- Scrum.org aims to provide consistent messaging with its different trainers by centralizing the curriculum used and requires trainers to meet annually to share ideas.
- Being agile really means being able to respond quickly to change... and that's how we think about it. Software development teams have a lot to gain by being as agile as possible since software is easy to change (its not made of metal and concrete), it becomes obsolete quickly, and people continuously want more from it.
- Yes, as a matter of fact, one without the other doesn't work well...so we do both. Its no different than going to college and not getting a job in your field: You'll forget all you've learned. We help you implement what you learned in class on day one to maximize value derived.
- Yes! Agility is a business problem... not a software problem. We understand challenges regarding disruptive innovation. Software doesn't own the rights to innovation. We can also help you respond quickly to a rapidly changing world. Don't let your competitors eat your lunch!
- Absolutely. However, Lets keep in mind that scaling is like putting an amplifier on whatever you have. If we're going to amplify something, lets make sure we amplify the right thing. Let's work together to make sure we're scaling the right thing.
- Wow, this is a big one. It really depends on your organization's desire to, and appetite for, change. Its not much different than fitness training. Will you commit to the discipline? Will you stick to the diet while tempted to cheat? There's no shortcutting large-scale organizational change. We promise to be there for you through thick or thin. If you promise the same then we can get to where you want to go much more quickly.
- Yes!! but lets be realistic. Technology choices influence your ability to respond quickly and cheaply to change. But did your traditional methods of project management and phase gating solve this problem? No, they didn't. We can help you choose better technology solutions to support your agile business.
- No, sadly. Scrum will not solve all of your problems. To be fair, Its not designed to solve all your problems. The real question is: can you be agile (highly change responsive) without Scrum, and the answer is YES. Lets talk. please, Contact us.
- Yes, but let's be clear on expectations. We can't know what you've learned prior without working with you for a while. We can help you, it just may take more time to do so if it turns out the training you had was suboptimal. The only way to know is to start a dialog. Contact us.